About Me

My photo
London, Battersea, United Kingdom
I have been blogging since 2010. I have been married for 32 years and have three children,I have been blessed with Four Gorgeous Grandchildren. I love making my own cards, but dabble in cake making & crochet too. I enjoy going to Alexander Palace twice a year with my mum. I live in Battersea and have grown up here, although me and hubby's dream is to one day live in Spain.....

Thursday 18 July 2013

Baby Shower Cake

Hello & thanks for stopping by my blog today x

I am going to share the Baby Shower cake I made for the baby shower I hosted for my Daughter-In-Law.

I have already shared the Invitations, nappy cake, & the arrival of my Grandson Riley, please scroll down to see the posts x

Now... this is going to be photo heavy! I have had to show you all angles of the cake.
This is my 2nd bash at making a two tiered cake, my 1st was for my Grandson Eddy's 1st birthday. There is a post on my blog showing this too.

I must say I was very pleased with how it turned out & it tasted good too.



I have kept in the theme of the baby shower invitations.
Washing line, dots, gems.



The ribbon round the cake is what I purchased in a pack of 5. I do believe it's by Docrafts.
The Organza ribbon is from Meiflower. 


The cut out baby set - Pram, Vest, Rocking Horse & Bottle I ordered off of Ebay.
I used pre-coloured ready rolled icing.  


The Shapes on the corners of the cake are from a silicon mould that I purchased off of Ebay. 
As you know with these silicon moulds, you can use them for, Ice, chocolate, fondant, fimo clay.

I did make up Ice cubes for the baby shower too. 


I used ready to roll fondant on the whole of this cake. 
I got the different sized circles using the bottom of piping nozzles.
The gems are from Meiflower. 


Close up of the washing line and top of cake. I used wooden kebab skewers to wind the ribbon round. Attached a gem on each end, then slotted into cake.
Pegs & dummy purchased off Ebay.

Baby on top of cake was made using a mould too. You would never think this would have come from the mould. Just love it. Added ivory food colouring to white fondant to get the colour I wanted. 


I also made some blue berry muffins for the day. Made my own cup cake toppers, again to go with the theme. 

I do hope you have enjoyed having a browse.
I am not an expert at making cakes, as you can see by the wonky/un-smooth top tier, lol. I need to practise!
The cake was a Madeira cake, filled with butter cream & jam.

My next post I will share the recipe to make the Blueberry Muffins. 

Please do leave a comment, I will pop on over & visit you too.






10 comments:

  1. A brilliant cake Sally, love all the decorations, you did a fabulous job! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a fabulous cake, you clever thing! I just scrolled down for a peek at Riley too and he's adorable, congratulations :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Sally, your cake is amazing and brilliant that you had a theme running through with the invitations and nappy cake. I bet your DIL was delighted and Riley is soooo cute! :) Donna ♥ x

    PS: Thank you for the lovely comment you left over at mine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! Such a wonderful cake, I love all your detailing and the cupcake toppers looks fabulous too.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely fabulous Sally, love the design and gorgeous details. Your Blueberry muffins look yummy too.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooooooooooooo everything looks yummy!

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cake and cupcakes are wonderful...You did a fantastic job. It looks like a professional, very, very, pricey cake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I am most impressed, looks amazing. Thanks for visiting my blog and see you work in child care too x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wouaw and Miam ! Miam ! It's fabulous ! Everything is succesful ! Bravo ! What a talent !

    Hugs from France.
    Cat's sCrap.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh it's brilliant! well impressed with your cake making, just wish I could have tried a piece :) xxx
    Love, Mel. xxx

    ReplyDelete