About Me

My photo
London, Battersea, United Kingdom
I have been blogging since 2010. I have been married for 32 years and have three children,I have been blessed with Four Gorgeous Grandchildren. I love making my own cards, but dabble in cake making & crochet too. I enjoy going to Alexander Palace twice a year with my mum. I live in Battersea and have grown up here, although me and hubby's dream is to one day live in Spain.....

Sunday 14 July 2013

Nappy Cake ( tutorial)

Hello there, thanks for stopping by today x

The weather has just been glorious here & it seems to be staying for next week at least .... hooray.

I have already shared my baby shower invitations

And the arrival of my grandson Riley

And now I am going to share with you the Nappy Cake that I made for my daughter in law for the baby shower I hosted.

The finished Nappy Cake

I will now show you a step by step tutorial on how I did this. It is soooo easy and sooooo rewarding too. You can add whatever you wish to make it unique.
I do hope you enjoy & that maybe you will have a chance to make one too.



I used size 2 pampers nappies. Rolled them up and secured with an hair band. (I got mine from the £1 shop).

You will need an empty sweet tin and some elastic. Tie the elastic around the sweet tin (not too tight).


Slot the rolled nappies in between the elastic and sweet tin. 


Add your desired piece of ribbon around the elastic & hair bands. (Tie firmly to hold in place). 

Nappies that are left over from your pack can be added inside the sweet tin. 


Add your baby toiletries inside the tin.
I used: 
Nappy sacks - cotton buds - nappy cream - baby soap - baby wash - talc - shampoo.  
                                     


Next, I rolled up a baby's blanket. Secured it with elastic, then added rolled nappies around the blanket. (Just like you did with the sweet tin). 


Add some ribbon around the blanket to hide the elastic, & more ribbon around the elastic securing the nappies. (Remember to do this as tight as you can to hold in place). 


Now .... add your blanket bundle into the sweet tin. (Make a well between toiletries to slot blanket in). 
Slide nappies around blanket down carefully to balance on toiletries.
Now add a cuddly toy on top. (I used a plastic cake dowel to secure in place), I added a three bits of foam tape to the dowel and pressed teddy onto it. 
                                                      

Now its time to wrap in cellophane.

For some reason I do not have a picture of my final finished nappy cake!
I added blue gems on the cellophane around the ribbon & added a dummy too to the top ribbon, had it dangling down. This all tied in with my baby invitations.

I shall be entering my project into the following challenges:
Crafty Ribbons :- Anything Goes.
Paper take weekly :- Old, New, Borrowed or Blue.
Creative Corner :- Anything Goes.

Thanks for taking time to look. I do hope you enjoyed the easy tutorial & have a bash yourself.
My next post I will be sharing the baby shower cake I made.

I look forward to reading your comments & will pop on over & visit you too x

Enjoy the rest of your day where ever you are xx

13 comments:

  1. holy moly sally! it's bee forever! hope u r well. congrats on your new grandson. he's definitely handsome! love the card and just love the nappy cake. you surely are talented!

    hope to see you again soon.

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant little project, Sally....and a very thoughtful gift. Thanks for sharing....and for being a new follower. I'm keeping an eye on you too!
    xxx Asha
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow!
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons
    :)
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is brilliant, Sally! Thanks for sharing and congratulations on the arrival of your grandson. He looks gorgeous in that tigger baby grow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really gorgeous card, love the sweet image and the appy cake is brilliant, adorable photo too
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute. Thanks for your comment on my candy post. You need to enter via the inlinkz to enter x

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your nappie cake its gorgeous...just like your grandson...congrats on that <3

    thanks for taking part at CREATIVE CORNER CHALLENGES

    Love Mel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful creation! Thanks for playing at PTW! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the card and the gift idea . Awesome duo.
    hugs Shirley-Anne
    PS
    I am with you ..I prefer blogging to Google+ .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh Congratulations on the arrival of your Grandson Sally!! he's SO sweet!! I love your invitation design… it's very cute and Wow! the Nappy Cake is awesome!! what a wonderful idea for giving special gifts… I will have to bookmark this… it's a fab tutorial too.. thanks for sharing how you made this wonderful creation! :-))
    Hope you have a lovely day!
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh wow hun stunning or what love the card,and that cake is amazing hun brilliant congratulations sweetie on your gorgeous adorable grandson,bless your heart for your kind comments too,have a great day sweetie and,thanks for staying with me,love massive hugs Cherylxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely creation. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons.
    hugs Anke

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so sweet! I make them too and they are always a hit!

    ReplyDelete